Oh boy, I’m so close to the end…. I can almost taste the yumminess of the CSA food that will be waiting in our fridge when I get home!!
We just had our last full week of classes and it hasn’t really sunk in yet. To celebrate, Angi and I went back to our favorite vegetarian restaurant El Grillo Azul and had an amazing three course meal from the menú del día: greek salad, tofu with rice and vegetables, and cheesecake with raspberry topping (see below!). Oh my gosh—it was heavenly!! The food from the cafeteria has been consistent the whole time we’ve been here… consistently horrible and I think one of the reasons I’m so tired is because I’m just not getting enough good, healthy food!! But I can handle one more week. One more week….
So we have a three day weekend because Monday is a national holiday to honor San Sebastian. Angi and I are heading to Figueira, Portugal tomorrow morning to study on the beach. In college, we would “study” by the pool, but I truly mean it when I say that I’ll be studying in Portugal!! I definitely am wishing I had buckled down a little bit more this week so I didn’t have quite so much to do on our “vacation”, but I’ll somehow get all the studying done.
Next week is going to be pretty intense, but I also think it should just fly by. We have 7 final exams in 4 days, plus our full load of classes. I somehow thought we wouldn’t have all of our classes next week during finals, but I probably just made that up with my wishful thinking. Oh well. I’ll be so busy that I won’t even notice the days ticking by until it’s time to get on the train and head back to Madrid to catch my flight HOME!!
In the Plaza Mayor at night...
That cheesecake looks sooooo good.
ReplyDeleteIf only food were that good in The Dalles! :) Good luck with your last week!
ReplyDeleteShannon-I know we've never met, but I am so enjoying your blog and your adventures. I am also very proud of you. What a wonderful experience, besides the education you are getting. You will always remember this time. I'm also very happy to hear that Matt is being so encouraging for you. (If he ever isn't, let me know and I'll take care of him for you. Lol). I'm sure he is a wonderful husband. I hope we can meet soon, once you return to the States. -Frances (your new cousin)
ReplyDelete